Friday, January 21, 2011

It's a whole NEW YEAR!

So it's a new year and that means resolutions made and broken, I have made the same resolution every year since I was at least 7 years old! I always say this will be the year I stop biting my nails and every year I fail, well last year I succeeded! I have not bitten my nails since Oct. 2010, I am pretty happy about this and I feel like when I make my resolutions this year I will be able to keep them.

The winter is in full swing and the kids are out of school more than they are in it. We are already five days into our summer vacation for snow days, yesterday they canceled school and it didn't even start snowing until 2pm. The kids both love and hate snow days, they like the snow and being able to play but they are sad that they are missing school.

Koen has started going to nursery in the younger kids room, this helps us since we have so many in the older room. He loves it and hasn't had a problem but we will see if that keeps up. He still doesn't talk and I am starting to get frustrated, whenever he wants something he grunts and growls for it and even though that is super cute I wish he would at least say a single word now and then. Koen is everywhere all the time and into everything just the same as Keith was, he loves our little dog violet and he carries her around everywhere. I used to worry that when he was rough housing with her that he would hurt her, but I have been watching closely and it is very clear that she could avoid or get away from him if she wanted to. She loves him just as much as he does her.

Keith is getting bigger and more advanced in his mess making skills, a few weeks ago Kevin helped Julianna with a volcano project for school and showed the kids how to make a fake eruption. the next morning I walked into the kitchen and Keith was at the counter making his very own volcano, eruption and all! He even used the food coloring to make it red like lava!!!! It was a huge mess, I made him clean it up by himself. He is super sweet so he is still alive but I feel like I need a straight jacket for him some days. He is eager to start kindergarten and I feel bad that he has so long to wait.

Evelyn loves school and her teacher, she doesn't like her assigned seat because the boy she sits next to is "not hot" I asked her if he was ugly and she said "no, he just isn't very hot" I laugh now but I know in a few years I am going to be pulling out my hair! She is the sweetest girl, the other day I noticed that my hair is now naturally curly so I tried out letting it air dry with a little product in it to see if the waves would stay, I was looking in the mirror to check it out about mid day and Evelyn came into the bathroom looked and me as said "you are beautiful mom". It was a great moment.

Kaiden can not wait for the weather to improve so that he can go running again! He loves school and is making friends here so he is very socially busy. He loves playing the wii down at the store, and is starting to get the hang of Mario Bros. He got a small tin with mementos that will remind him of his baptism and he goes through it every night and reads the paper that tells watch each thing represents it is pretty neat to see how into the gospel he is. He is determined to finish the Book of Mormon before the end of this year.

Julianna is adjusting to life without Rachel she texts her almost every weekend so they are able to stay in touch that way. She can't wait for Grandma and Grandpa to come home from their mission and asks about it a lot. She brought her grades up in school by a whole letter in each subject so we are proud of her for her determination there. She loves to read but she says she hates reading at school because you have to do grammar there! Julianna informed me the other day that she will be ten in May and then she will only have two more years until she can be in young women's I think she sees the YW who come and go at our house and all the things I have chaperoned over the years and it make her look forward to it for herself. Julianna is my biggest helper though all of the kids like to do certain jobs around the house Julianna will do anything I ask of her and she is quick with it too!

I have been pretty busy with the scrapbook store, we are moving locations so we have been packing and painting and repairing the last two weeks, we will be reopen in our new location on Tues. so things should get more relaxed next week. I love being in nursery the kids are so sweet and it is so relaxing. There is never any drama!!! We have had fun with the lessons so far and we are looking forward to coming up with creative handouts for the kids.

Kevin pinched a nerve in his right shoulder about three weeks ago and had been in a pretty good amount of pain ever since. The pain makes it hard for him to do anything and it is also hard for him to get good rest so he has been a little cranky! I have tried to help but there is only so much you can do for that type of thing. He is doing really well with his running when the weather allows it, and he also really loves being in nursery. He spends most of his time trying to keep up with all of the things that need to be done around the house and since there seems to be a never ending list of things he is extremely busy.

We are looking forward to the summer we have a trip out to Utah planned for April and possibly another one sometime in late June early July. We are looking forward to spending some time with my family and possibly seeing some of Kevin's on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment