Monday, January 31, 2011

It's My Last Day!

I have thought about turning 30 a lot over the years especially when my friends or family would turn the big 30, I always imagined that I would cry and be sad, that I would hate the idea of being older. So here it is the night before my big day and I am actually looking forward to it. I think I have felt "old enough" to be 30 for a while. now don't mistake me, I in no way feel old and I have no intention of being more "mature" but I feel like so much happened during my twenties I am kind of surprise I am not already 30! I am looking forward to spending the day with Kevin, he started a tradition the first year we were married and it has carried through every year since and I love it! He takes the whole day off on my birthday and we spend the day playing games watching movies and just having fun together as though we have no responsibilities, it's nice. We are also meeting up with some friend on Friday to go out to eat and then bowling, and a good friend and I are getting manicures on Sat. so all in all it is going to be a fantastic birthday week for me!

Everyone is healthy and school is in so we are doing great around here. Keith told me today he wished he was 5 and his birthday was to far away. We had a talk about being happy with what you have now and what age you are now because once he turns 5 he will never be 4 again. I think he understood what I was trying to say, a few minutes later he said "I do not get to be 4 for very long do I?" I think that says it all right there, when we are to busy wanting the next stage of our life to start we miss out on the stage we are in. Keith is a really sweet kid when he isn't destroying things, and he has a fun sense of humor. He and Kaiden are always playing pranks on me, they put a rubber spider under my pillow and I felt it under there when I picked up my pillow the only thing my brain registered was spider! They do this quite a bit and you would think I would catch on but it gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment