Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Computer Hostpital

This week our poor laptop spent the week in a bag of rice! Koen while watching Curious George spilled a little water on it and of course it got all over the keyboard that he had previously taken most of the keys off of!! we took the battery out and stuffed it in a bag full of rice and left it there for 4 days. Earlier in the week Koen had shoved marshmallow into the usb port on the key board that I bought to replace the one he popped all the keys off of and he broke open the mouse trying to get to the "pretty light". He is pretty busy with destroying stuff and last week it was my laptop! I was nervous about weather it would work still or not since Kevin is headed to China, I did not want to be without my online outlets while he is gone for two whole weeks!  I am happy to report that the laptop was released from the bag of rice earlier this morning and is expected to make a full recovery, including the use of a now put back together mouse and a clean once again USB port on the keyboard!

We are very blessed to have Koen in our home, he keeps things interesting and keeps me on task! We have implemented quite a few new "house rules" due to some of his more clever antics! I am also for the first time going to have to put locks on my doors to keep my child in!! A few days ago we had a great amount of snow in our yard and Koen was able to get out in it without a coat or gloves on, thankfully he had on shoes and he started crying once his hand got cold. The terrible thing about him being able to let himself out is that our doors are locked so that you can't get back in! So once he is out he is stuck until I realize he has escaped! Thank goodness our back yard is fully fenced and he can't get out the front door because it is to heavy, I have put bells on the doors to alert me of his break out attempts, but the last time he went out I watched him hold the bell silent!!! I have now put the bell higher than he can reach!! Koen has a devious little mind, and I mean that as a compliment. Sometimes I will allow him to do things I know he shouldn't just to see what he is going to come up with, I have been very surprised by him at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment