Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BATS part I


Well we moved into this beautiful house and there was a dead bat in one of the closets, yuck but no big deal. Right?

So about a week goes by and then there is another bat this time it is one the stairs heading to the attic play room. I sent the kids up to play and Kaiden yelled "Mom there is a bat and its alive!" I am totally not into the whole disposing of dangerous animals thing, so Kevin got a cup and trapped it and then took it in the back yard and "did it in" and then buried it. Problem solved! Ya until about three days later...

I was up at night reading a book (about vampires) out of the corner of my eye I see something black heading up the stairs, in my mind I hear "don't worry it's just the cat. wait what we don't have a cat, holy crap its a bat!" So like the sissy girl I am I ran into our room shut the door and yelled for Kevin to wake up! Kevin is difficult to wake up if he is fully asleep so I had to shake him a little. Well the next thing I hear Kaiden is screaming "mom, dad there's a bat in my room!" it had flown out of the hallway and into his room and was circling his ceiling, this would not have been that bad but Kaiden has a bunk bed so it put him right up there in all the action. Kevin was awake by now so we decided he would go in and get Kaiden, I went and shut Julianna's and Evelyn's bedroom doors so the bat couldn't get in with them. Then we turned on Kaiden's light and off the hall light it worked the bat immediately flew back into the hallway and then down stairs. Kaiden was shook up but OK he just decided he would sleep in our bed for the rest of the night. Kevin went downstairs armed with a broom and wearing a child's play table on his arm like a shield (it had one of the wires with beads on it that kids love so he used that as a handle). We opened the front door and turned all but the front hall lights on and after a few minuted of herding the bat it flew out the front door! We then blocked off the fire place since we thought that might be were they were coming in at. We were bat free for almost a month and a half. The latest Bat story is by far the worst...

1 comment:

  1. So you guys still have bats?! Don't leave me hanging! :)

    ReplyDelete