Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Wreck!

So we left Indianapolis later in the evening and we were due to arrive home by 11:30. I was relieved since we had church the next day and there is always a lot that goes with that. We were waiting at a red light heading straight and when the light turned green I went. I noticed that there was a car that was turning left but I thought they were pulling forward and that they would yield. When I realized that she wasn't going to stop I tried to swerve to avoid the accident. She hit our car with her front end just behind the sliding door on the driver's side. I pulled off the road and immediately checked the kids. Keith had hit his head pretty hard and was upset about that, but the rest of them didn't even know what was happening. They had all been asleep when the accident happened which is good. I have pretty bad whiplash but other than that every one seems fine. Koen was the next closest to the impact but he is also fine. The police showed up and took our statements, we got home around 12:30. I was to wound up to go to sleep and it was 2 am before I was finally able to sleep. I am so thankful that we are all ok, in the light of day I realize how close we were to having a serious injury. If she had just hit us a few inches either way Keith or Koen could have really been hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, you are excellent with this blog. I am so sorry about the wreck, but happy that all of you are ok....Praise the Lord. I smiled the rest of the way thru several of your blogs - seeing the children was so great. I've been thinking about them a lot. I wondered if you could call me tonight or tomorrow? I need to ask you something. Hug and kiss all the children for me.

    love - Grandma Judy in Lexington!

    ReplyDelete