Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It feels like we have moved again!

We have so many new pieces of furniture and organizational things in our home that I feel like we have moved again. I have spent the last week cleaning and throwing things away and trying to get the house more organized so that when school starts again things will run smoothly! A friend of mine gave me a set of 8 lockers that we have by the back door and we will be using these for the kids to keep jackets, backpacks, and other misc. items that they take with them when they are on the go. I also have a ton of totes and desks that we had to find a place for as well as another table! It has been fun getting things out and unpacked and put away. It is also nice to finally have a couch to sit on. When we moved from Missouri we left our couches and so it has almost been a year without comfy seating at our house.

Evelyn now has a day bed a corner desk and her own room! Kaiden, Keith, & Koen are all in one room with a bunk bed and toddler bed they have three matching white dressers so the boys don't share drawers anymore which is nice. Keith had a tendency to throw clothes on the floor while looking for something to wear and I am hoping that not have to dig through Kaiden's clothes will help with that. Koen is doing great in his "big kid" bed he is pretty good at staying in it once I put him there, a nice surprise. Our upstairs foyer is officially the family room we have a couch and love seat up there with a small tv. It is a nice comfy layout, we also turned the closet into the "toy closet" and added a lock so the kids can't get into anything without permission. Julianna's room is still pretty much the same she has always had a really nice bedroom set, she was so happy when we moved Evelyn out of her room. Julianna likes her things to be just so and Evelyn likes them in a totally different way but they both like things neat it is funny to see the two different personalities.

We have the living room downstairs converted into a formal living room. I have a really nice couch and chair set in their with two book shelves and a TV cabinet that is solid maple. The whole feel of that room is really nice now and the kids have been informed that they are not allowed in their without an invitation! I made a mini craft room back by the Laundry room and the dining room has two tables and the computer desk for now but I am sure we will rearrange those things soon. Our room still looks like a bomb exploded in it but slowly I hope that everything will get in it's place. When I am all done I will take pictures and post them!

We will be leaving soon to go to Virginia for vacation. It will be fun to see DC and the beach, it will also be very nice to all be together again. School starts again on the 5th of August and I have mixed feeling about that. I am excited for Keith to start Kindergarten and I know he is looking forward to it, but at the same time it means he is growing up!

2 comments:

  1. please post pictures we wont be home again until dec and I dont think i can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post pics once we have everything in it's place. I am trying to get it all done by the end of next week!!

    ReplyDelete