Sunday, November 14, 2010

Little Itchy Creatures Everywhere!

So today was the primary program at church and the kids have been practicing and singing around the house for the last couple of months and I have been looking forward to watching them in the program! This morning we woke up just like on every other Sunday morning and rushed to get ready, I told the kids that there would be a prize for the first one ready! Evelyn won the prize Kaiden was ready Keith was getting ready, Kevin was getting Koen ready, and I was doing Julianna's hair when I see this tiny little bug crawling in her hair!! YEP we have LICE AGAIN!!!!

It is so gross! OK so I check Julianna thoroughly and it doesn't look like it's too bad this time but hey any lice is bad right, Kaiden was grossly infested and Keith and Evelyn and Kevin and I were clean! Kevin took Evelyn and Keith to church while I stayed home to work on hair!
Kaiden's we buzzed pretty short and washed with vinegar and then combed out the eggs, there were so many I could see them crawling around on his head, GROSS, I ended up shaving all his hair off because the lice shampoo is expensive and if there is no hair then there is no lice!
Julianna only had THREE lice on her head and once we washed her hair with vinegar I couldn't find any she had about 15 eggs in her hair so I think we caught it right at the beginning, I did wash her hair with the lice shampoo and we will retreat in 7 days just to be sure but I don't think it will be as bad as the last time. It did help that her hair is not currently blond so I could easily see the eggs!!
So once everyone was home from church Keith decided he wanted his hair like Kaiden's so I decided to go ahead and give him a buzz, and what do you suppose I find LICE!!! Yes Keith had lice as well so I am glad that I decided to shave his head!!
I rechecked everyone and I am fairly certain the rest of us are good, but today was the lice day at our house. I am not looking forward to the rest of the school year, we have already received 5 letters home about lice in the classrooms, I can only imagine that there is an epidemic!
We are implementing the coats in backpacks law and absolutely no sharing anything that touches hair!! Man my head is itching just writing about this!!
The worst part of all of this was that I missed the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment