Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Parkway 5k Run!

Kaiden ran the parkway run this year! He ran it a couple of years ago and finished around 5o minutes, this time he finished in 31:17 he came in 4th place in the 10 and under age group! He was very excited, and worked really hard. Kevin told me I needed to plan on being at the finish line at about 8:30-8:45 he thought Kaiden would finish in about 40 or 45 minutes and I had my kids and some cousins so I wanted to get there to see him finish but not to early! Well we were about a block away when we saw Kaiden cross, Kevin said "well he just kept running and never got tired and slowed down!" I was sad to miss him crossing the finish line but it was awesome that he did so well!! He gets a really red face everywhere except right on his cheeks so he looks really tired, I asked him if it was hard and he just nodded his head, so I ask if it was fun and he said "ya" then I asked if he wanted to do it again and he said "well not right now but next time they do a race I want to run"!! So I think we can safely say that Kaiden takes after his father! Next time I will go straight to the finish and wait however long it takes, and I will never underestimate Kaiden competitive drive again!

1 comment: